April 04, 2011

Un-iced chocolate cake - 4/4/11

Today I was meeting some friends for lunch, and they asked me to bring pudding. So I made chocolate cake. This was a new recipe which I had found in Good Food Magazine, available here. It is very gooey and lovely. It uses ground almonds instead of flour so it's even gluten free! The recipe says it takes twenty minutes to prepare but it took me more like 40 minutes. I forgot to take any pictures before we ate most of it but here are some of what is left.

A quarter of it left.
You can see the gooey centre.

It was baked in a 9 inch diameter round springform tin, and dusted with icing sugar on the top.

2 comments:

  1. Bring a slice on Leitrim Street!! Congrats Marianne!!!! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only one slice left... I shall have to make another one at some point!

    ReplyDelete